Time is TBD|
2034 Berlin Station Rd
Kundalini Yoga Teacher Training (In Person Only- Follows Yoga Alliance Competencies- 200 hr)
Would you like to deepen your kundalini yoga practice and perhaps even teach the practice to others. This is a huge value as I teach the curriculum for the first time in 2023! For $1995 or $250 monthly payments (9 total).
Time & Location
Time is TBD
2034 Berlin Station Rd, 2034 Berlin Station Rd, Delaware, OH 43015, USA
About the Event
The following must be completed to receive your 200hr YTT certificate through Ready2Grow Yoga (be sure to click on "See More" for the training dates and certification details below):
1. Students must attend and participate in all in-person training sessions (8 modules of 25 hrs each) led by the Lead Trainer, Sarah Ceselski (aka Japa Nihal Kaur). Contact Sarah for training dates.
Note that participants cannot redeem loyalty points for this training because the pricing this first year does not meet costs.
Note that for $100 a weekend there is an option for students stay in one of the Ready2Grow bedrooms Friday at noon until Sunday at 2:30 p.m., if a residential experience is preferred.
2. Attendance and participation in the 7-day Gatlinburg Yoga retreat is required. The dates are July 16 - 22, 2023. Saturday check in is 4 p.m. (meet in the lobby of the Gatlinburg Westgate Resort Lobby- www.westgateresorts.com ) and check out on the 22nd is 8 a.m. Costs of the housing plus breakfast and lunch are included in the tuition for 200-hr training. Transportation to Gatlinburg and the cost of dinners is not included. Car pooling from Delaware Ohio is an option. Sunday and Wednesday are integration days for relaxation, working on the sequencing workshop project, playing in the free waterpark and swimming pools, or hiking adventures. Housing assumes roommates with shared beds and bathrooms, plus common area living room/kitchen/refrigerator space. There is easy access to grocery stores in Pigeon Forge approximately 20 minutes from the resort.
3. Students must participate in two Aquarian sadhanas, at least one 9 day personal sadhana, and a 40 day personal sadhana. Sadhana will be offered daily while on retreat in Gatlinburg (4-6 a.m.)
4. Students must participate and observe teaching in 30 yoga classes, with at least 20 of the classes being Kundalini yoga classes. At least 20 of the total classes need to meet in person. At least 15 of the Kundalini classes must taken at Ready2Grow Yoga either in the studio or via zoom. Sign off sheet is required.An unlimited yoga pass to Ready2Grow Yoga is included in the 200-hr teacher training tuition (pass is effective May-Dec 2023).
5. Each student is required to design and submit one of the following for review by the Lead Trainer:
a. 4-6 hour Kundalini Yoga workshop series
b. Themed Kundalini Yoga class series (4 classes at 60 min or more each)
Students will be given an option to work on this as a group project and then teach it at the Ready2Grow Yoga Kundalini Retreat scheduled for the weekend of 6/2/23.
6. Students will demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of key competencies of Kundalini yoga, history, philosophy, and other methodologies taught throughout the training by way of an open book exam, as well as informal/formal assessment during the module training.
7. Students must demonstrate his/her/their ability, as determined by the Lead Trainer using the feedback form, to apply what they have learned by successfully teaching two 60 minute Kundalini Yoga classes to the peer group. Prior to this, students will be informally and formally assessed by their peers and the LeadTrainer. There is no limit as to how many practices are required to reach competency.
8. Students must sign the Code of Conduct policy.
9. Students must commit to themselves to pursue continuing education if she/her/they intend to teach students professionally.
10. Students must pay their tuition.
11. There will be journaling required during the module coursework. Students are encouraged to maintain a personal journal of their experiences and reflections during their training period. These journals will NOT be collected or reviewed, but students are welcome to share reflections in class, especially when a reflection has significance for the student and the student believes it would be helpful to their growth to put voice (throat chakra) to the reflection.
12. Although not monitored, it is requested that students commit to being open to the mind-body-spirit connection that often unfolds during an intensive training experience such as this. Committing to self-acceptance and self-responsibility as polarities inherently in place to help us grow.
General Daily Schedule for Weekend Modules
Module Daily Schedule
Note: Gatlinburg retreat days couple the Fri & Sun agenda as one 13 hr day
Friday (6.5 hr coursework with .5 breaks – 7 hr day)
1:30 pmIntro to Material for the Day
2:00 pmLecture, Discussion & Group Work to Reinforce Learning
4:00 pmPractice Asana (Kriya), Meditation, Pranayama
6:00 pm30 minute Break for Dinner
6:30 pmLecture, Discussion & Group Work to Reinforce Learning (topic change)
8:30 pmClose Out for the Day
Saturday (12 hr coursework with 1 hr breaks- 13 hr day total)
6 amPractice Meditation, Kriya & Pranayama
8:15 am15 min Break
10 amIntro to Material for the Day
Lecture, Discussion & Group Work to Reinforce Learning
12:30 pmRecap by the Students
1:00 pmLecture, Discussion & Group Work to Reinforce Learning (topic change)
2 pmLecture, Discussion & Group Work to Reinforce Learning (topic change)
3:45 pm15 min Beak
4:00 pmPractice Asana (Kriya), Meditation, Pranayama
6:15 pmReinforcement of Learning
7 pmClose Out for the Day
Sunday (6.5 hr coursework with .5 breaks – 7 hr day)
7 amIntro to the Learnings for the Day
7:30 amLecture, Discussion & Group Work to Reinforce Learning (topic change)
9:30 amPractice Asana (Kriya), Meditation, Pranayama
12:30 pm30 min Lunch Break
1:00 pmReinforcement of Learning for the Day & Module
2:00 pmClose Out for the
Your Lead Trainer
Sarah “Sally” Ceselski, also known as Japa Nihal Kaur, is certified as a 500-hr E-RYT in Kundalini Yoga (KRI) and is Alliance Registered. She owns a home-based yoga studio with a small retreat center, Ready2Grow Yoga in Delaware Ohio. She also holds a 200-hr RYT in hatha/vinyasa flow and offers weekly classes in a variety of styles. Japa Nihal Kaur has studied with and been deeply influenced by Ram Das, Krishna Das, Amma the Huggings Saint, Shakta Kaur, Dalai Lama, John Friend, Sat Dharam Kaur, Sat Siri Kaur, Methab Michael Benton, Tarn Taran Kaur, Shiva Singh, Dr. Haridass Kaur, and Jeannie O’Neal. Your Lead Trainer has studied yoga in Indonesia, Costa Rica, India (including the Golden Temple) and Greece.
The role of your Lead Trainer is to teach you how to teach whileholding space for you build confidence and fill their “basket” of coping skills, yogic knowledge, inter and intra personal exploration, and self-discovery from the inside out. The Lead trainer is not a Guru and as an imperfect human being, will occasionally make errors. The Lead Trainer commits to disclose those errors as soon as in awareness and take responsibility for aligning to the truth.
Application for 200 hr Yoga Teacher Training (YTT)2023 Cohort
Name ________________________Contact Text Number ______________
Date Submitted ________________E-mail Address ____________________
1. Why do you want to participate in Ready2Grow Yoga’s 200 YTT in 2023?
2. Describe your previous experience with meditation, yoga (in particular, kundalini yoga), and breath practices.
3. Please describe any challenges, situations and/or needs for accommodation (physical, emotional, mental and spiritual)
4. Have you reviewed the requirements for certification list, including the mandatory participation in all the in person monthly Fri-Sun training sessions & July Gatlinburg Retreat, as well as the fee of $300 for private tutoring by the lead instructor to make up part or all of a module if missed, and do you agree to commit to fulfilling those obligations within 2023? Initial the box that fits your commitment level, please.
YES, I commit to this ___________NO, I cannot commit to this _______________
5. Do you understand that if you cannot remain in the course, you may take the course again in the future but that the amount you have paid is NOT subject to refund or applying toward the future year? ________________________________________________________________________
Yoga Teacher Training can be rigorous, both emotionally and physically for students. Please describe anything else you would like the lead trainer to know.
200 hr YTT Kundalini Yoga
Not as taught by Yogi Bhajan (not Kundalini Research Institute)From $250.00 to $1,995.00